Grace continues to do well with her AVB therapy and preschool. We're getting her transitioned into Kindergarten next year. The school approved payment on her summer session with the Autism Society of NW Ohio Extended School Year. This is a great program! Six weeks in the summer at the University of Toledo Speech and Hearing Clinic. They work with her on her IEP (Individual Education Plan) through the summer so she doesn't lose skills! And the bonus is the swimming component on Tuesdays and Thursdays!
Sunday was Louie the Elephant's 5th birthday celebration at the zoo and we went for lunch! Of course we had to ride the Zoo Train, but the most exciting part was that Sonya Lee and Eddie from the Fisher Price Little People were there! Grace was so excited! When they came into the room, Grace had a chocolate chip cookie in each hand. I told her she needed to put them down if she wanted to go see them (expecting a little 'issue' to be made of it). But no! She threw those cookies down and off we went!
Baby Louie (on the left) is pretty big for a 5 year old!
And this was interesting. Several years ago we bought Grace a remote control Wiggles Big Red Car, but never gave it to her. She found it, still wrapped, the other day so we played with it. It was amazing how quickly she learned how to manipulate it. She loves to watch the wheels spin and very quickly figured out how to put the remote under her knee so she could hold the car up at eye level to watch the wheels turn. Now that the excitement is over, Mommy seems to be the only one that is interested in playing with it anymore.
Ok, well, I'm off to do some more thinking' on what theme to use for Grace's sixth birthday this summer! Haven't been able to find any Little People cake decorations!
Have a great day! Oh, and don't forget to click on the links to the right to see the projects I've been working on and some great recipes that we've added!




3 comments:
Everytime I see pictures of Grace, I just can't believe how big she's getting. Please don't tell me my baby is going to grow up that fast?
Glad to hear that you got approval for ESY and they are paying for it. I can't imagine something like that happening here especially to pay for it when it's in another country (Canada). Kudos to you and dh for being such advocates for Grace!
Happy Birthday, Patty! We miss you here in Tennessee. Kayla turns 18 next Saturday (the 10th) and graduation is just around the corner. Grace is just beautiful and making so much progress judging by your blogs. You are the greatest mom ever, just as I knew you would be.--Tracy Wiley
ahhhhhh .... Amish country! I'm off to "google" madly! (This itinerary is getting mighty full! LOL)
So pleased about the stuff happening for Gracie. Maria is right - you two are such fantastic advocates for our girl.
hugs Clare
Post a Comment