Wednesday, July 12, 2006

So Sad - sold my 'Baby' today . . .

Back in 1995 when I was single and living in Tennessee, I had just adopted a precious puppy and decided to buy a vehicle that he could actually fit into. So begins the relationship with a beautiful Red 1993 Jeep Cherokee. Well, it's been sitting in the driveway and had numerous batteries replaced (including the one that I just replaced with my own two hands) because of 'lack of use'. Finally got up the courage to advertise it and the ad came out today. The new insurance policy is due and we just didn't want to carry it any more. The first person that called and came to see and drive it bought it! Why did it have to happen so quickly? So tomorrow I go to the bank with the cash and thus ends an era -

This is the vehicle that I drove from Tennessee to my new home in Owensboro, Kentucky in 1997. And then when I decided to start a 'new' life, I loaded up one 50 pound dog, three cats, and all of my most important worldly possessions and drove it to Ohio. You must picture the Beverly Hillbillies because that's what Gary saw when I pulled into his driveway in Sylvania in October, 1998.

It's only metal. There are so many things much more important to be sad about . . .

but still . . .















the battery that I installed with my own two hands after much encouragement from the guy at Autozone!

No comments: